Sunday, March 11, 2012

First Post!

Henrik Ibsen was born in Skien, a town in the south of Norway. His father, Knud Ibsen, was a prosperous merchant, whose financial failure changed the family's social position. Ibesen always dreamed of being an artist just like his mother. He was born on March 20, 1828. As a poet and theater director he was considered the founding father of drama. Most of his plays were scandalous. Henrick is ranked as one of the best play writers in Europe.


The title "A Doll's House" seems to me as a very dramatic story. From the information I have researched on Henrick Ibesen te author I can figure that the play will be full of drama. Drama can always be fun and intresting. This play is absolutely going to be about a man and a women who go through obstacles to fight for their love for each other. While fighting for their love thats when the drama comes in. I see this as almost a Romeo and Juliet type play. I really hope I dont regret reading this play. Have a nice evening (:

http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/ibsen.htm